Copyright © 2000.
BeyondTech Solutions Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Canadian Career/Market Trends
General - About BC/Canada
Work Eligibility - Employment Authorization/Visas
Contracting/Starting your own business
Sole Proprietorship vs. Incorporation
Canadian Career/Market Trends:
General about BC/Canada:
Work Eligibility - Employment Authorization/Visas:
Contracting/Starting your own business:
- www.workinfonet.bc.ca - On-line information and resources on career planning, education, and employment.
- www.sdc.gc.ca/en/gateways/individuals/menu.shtml - Individuals will find information on jobs, careers, financial matters, or other life events.
- www.jobfutures.ca/en/home.shtml - A career tool to help you plan for your future. It provides useful information about 226 occupational groups and describes the work experiences of recent graduates from 155 programs of study.
- www.labourmarketinformation.ca - Labour Market Information - Federal labour market information service which provides general and detailed information on local labour markets across Canada.
- www.statcan.ca - Statistics Canada on the economy, including industries, and the country.
Sole Proprietorship vs. Incorporation:
- www.smallbusinessbc.ca - Canada/British Columbia Business Services serves as the primary source of timely and accurate business-related information and referrals on Federal and Provincial government programs, services and regulations, without charge. For details on how you can start your own successful business, visit the website.
- www.sdc.gc.ca/en/gateways/individuals/menu.shtml - Search for information about Programs available for unemployed persons such as: Self-Employment, Skills Development, Employment Assistance Services, Wage Subsidies; Job Creation Partnerships; Student Summer Job Action; Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities; etc.
- www.youth.gc.ca/YES - Youth Employment Strategy.
- www.fwt.bc.ca - FutureWorks manages the ScienceLink and JobFit programs. These programs are designed to match unemployed jobseekers with companies seeking skilled individuals.
- www.career-connections.b.ca - Wage Subsidy Connections provides employers with financial assistance to hire new employees who would not have been hired due to their lack of work experience. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 604-501-4925 for information.
- Focus Job Search Centre - Job Search Centre for Women funded by HRDC - Contact 604-775-0254 for information.
- www.bctia.org - BCTIA - BC Technology Industries Association.
www.cips.ca - CIPS - Canadian Information Processing Society.
- www.itac.ca - Information Technology Association of Canada.
- www.scbc.org - BC Innovation Council.
- www.canarie.ca - Canadian Network for the Advancement of Research, Industry and Education.
- www.nserc.ca - Natural Sciences & Engineering Research Council of Canada.
Sales & Marketing
If you have URLs you would like to share, please send them to: email@example.com
- www.apeg.bc.ca APEGBC- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC.